Tuesday, April 3, 2007

High Chair Triumph!

Today when we went to dinner Jade sat in her high chair the entire time! What a triumph! She was perfectly content to sit, babble and eat in the chair the entire time we were at dinner. We've done 10 to 15 minute stretches but this was at least an hour. It was the first time I think I've eaten a meal since we got her. She had a very good day today. She is very active most of the time now. She talks and is constantly playing with something. Paper is her favorite thing. She'll sit and play with paper for as long as you let her. She still searches for me no matter what she's doing but she is definitely more comfortable with Jack. The only bad part in all of this is that when we get home she'll have to go through a whole new routine again. So many changes for such a little girl! She seems happier now, though. Every day gets better for her. I think it gets better for us, too. We're becoming pros at changing diapers while she wiggles and enticing her to eat more. By the time she's 20 we'll have the hang of it!

I can't help thinking today, though, about Gram. Today it's been one year since I last spoke with her. It's hard to believe one year has passed since she had the stroke. I look at Jade and I often wonder what she would think of her. I look at her little face and I think that perhaps Gram had a hand in picking her out. She favors Melanie quite a bit. I wish that I could post a picture of her so you could see her. I will when I get home. In the meantime, keep us in your prayers, especially as we begin traveling home on Friday or should I say Thursday afternoon your time at 5. Hopefully Jade likes flying!

1 comment:

Library Lady said...

Hi Melissa & Jack,
We enjoy hearing about your experiences in China. It sounds like Jade is feeling more comfortable with you all the time. When you get home, I think you may feel more relaxed and that Jade soon will become accustomed to your home. Have a safe trip.
Linda G.

Hi Melissa and Jack. Sounds like Jade is making great progress. Don't lament the small appetite. Before you know it she'll be a teenager eating you out of house and home - especially if she decides to do a sport. We'll keep you in our prayers as you travel around the world to bring little Jade home.
Sue B.

Hi Melissa & Jack,
I am so excited for you as I am reading about Jade! Children make such a big difference in your lives. They bring much fun and laughter. I am glad things are going well for you. Can't wait to read more about your adventures in China and with Jade. Have fun and until next time!
Sue Fatica