Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Night owl!

Last night Jade went to bed wonderfully. She was asleep in less than 3 minutes. She slept from 8:15 until 3:00AM! Way too early to get up! Usually I just lay her back down and soothe her and she goes right back to sleep but last night when she woke up she wanted to play. I tried to rock her back to sleep but then she bit me hard! I have a bite mark on my chest from her! This seems normal because we have a few biters here but it's definitely a habit I'm hoping to break. She finally went back to sleep at about 4AM and then slept until 7 or so. Hopefully this is not a trend! When we went out walking around 10 this am she wanted to sleep but I kept waking her up. She's napping at her regular nap time right now so hopefully she'll be ok for tonight. Otherwise I guess we'll be doing a lot of sleeping on the plane. We have tomorrow and then we start for home! We can't wait to see everyone! Keep praying!

2 comments:

Holly said...

hi
at 14 months stephen would wake up at 5am...that lastest 4 months. Just keep thelight low, no noise, no talking, no playing, etc...
They are mini adults, we have wacky sleep sometimes too!
have a safe flight...prayers.
holly

Library Lady said...

Hi Melissa and Jack,
Your postings bring back so memories of parenting to me. We all have dealt with similar challenges. Adopted or natural - kids will be kids.
Sue B.
My kids were never really biters, but a couple of them were night owls. I was really glad when they were able to sleep through the night. We can't wait to meet Jade in person.
Linda G