Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Our last day in Guangzhou

Today is our last day in Guangzhou. I am very happy that we are coming home but at the same time I'm feeling a little sad for Jade. We're going to be taking her 1/2 world away from everything she has every known. We hope to come back some day and show her where she is from but so many things can change between now and then it's hard to say what will happen. She is from such a beautiful place. I really hope she can see it some day.

On a lighter note she continues to blossom every day. She is much happier and chatters all the time. Jack can hold her for longer periods so I don't think she's going to have any problems when we get home. I think the biggest will be getting her to go to bed! I just spent 1/2 hour getting her to go to sleep for a nap. She fought sleeping the whole time but finally surrendered. We'll see how long she naps! Last night she slept from 9pm 'til 4:30am. She went back to sleep pretty easily, too. I almost think the medication that the doctor gave her for congestion makes her stay awake. She isn't sleeping as well since we began giving it to her. She sure hates taking it, too! I'm ready to cry by the time we finish giving it to her. Luckily we only have to give it to her through today. She sounds less congested, too.

Today we will go to the embassy and officially adopt Jade. She becomes an American citizen today even though we'll have to legally change her name when we come home and readopt her in the US. Our ceremony is at 3pm and then we'll come back to the hotel to pack. We leave at 5am tomorrow morning. We haven't bought too many things. It's hard to shop when you have a baby who reaches for everything! Who would have ever thought I wouldn't want to shop? Well, I guess the next time we'll post is when we are home again. We leave at 5am tomorrow morning (which is 5pm Thursday) so keep us in your prayers as we travel home. I keep praying that Jade likes to fly!

No comments: