Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home for over a week

We've been home for over a week and some things are progressing nicely. She eats better now. We're trying to switch her to whole milk but at the present are doing 1/2 soy and 1/2 milk. She loves spaghetti and will eat as much as you give her. She's babbling quite a bit and laughs, too. She's trying to walk. She crawls alot and tries to stand and take steps often. We still are having problems with her clinging. She does really well at the beginning of the morning. She'll crawl around and try to stand and play. Around 10am she gets whiny and I literally can't put her down or she'll cry continously. She doesn't want to eat, etc., until around noon. She'll be clingy like this until I feed her at noon and put her down for a nap. When she gets up, she'll be happy again for a while and as time progresses she'll start clinging and whining again. I just keep praying that she'll get a little more secure and won't want to be held so much. I've tried sitting her down for a few minutes and she'll scream her head off. It's frustrating at times but I keep trying to tell myself it's only been a little over a week. I keep saying Brother Mike's mantra in my head often. "We're good, getting better every day".

1 comment:

Library Lady said...

Hi Melissa,
That clingy time sounds like a great opportunity to read and look at books together. Both of my girls took 2 naps a day until around a year. Then they wanted to skip the morning one. It was difficult at first because they didn't want to sleep but were very cranky and demanding during that morning nap time. Eventually it was easier for them to just take 1 nap a day. I imagine it will get easier for Jade once she adapts to the huge time change and is more secure about her life. Just remember the more time you can give her on her terms right now will make her secure in the long run. Before you know it she won't want you to hold her at all!
Good Luck
Sue B.